– The scent at the back of your baby neck.
– How you always rub your hairy little head against my cheek when I’m holding you close.
– How you stop crying the minute you are in my arms.
– Your smile, that starts on one side of your mouth, moves to the other and ends up as a wink of one eye.
– How even the smallest clothes were way too big for you just two months ago and how now they don’t fit you anymore.
– Your little hamster cheeks that seem to be growing every day and how I feel like squeezing them all the time.
– How I cried when the doctor at the hospital told me that you had to spend your third night away from me (and how much better I felt when I saw how you loved laying in that warm and cozy light box).
– Your little hand that always wraps around my finger when I’m nursing you.
– Your first babbling sounds that are still so calm and gentle.
– How you fall asleep in the same room as your sisters every night, and how full my heart feels when I see all three of you laying there side by side.
– How you always fall asleep when your daddy is carrying you around.
– The warmth of your milky breath when you once again fall asleep on my stomach.
– The little smiles you make when you’re asleep.
– How you like to be warm and tuck yourself close to me and fall asleep when you’re done eating.